What is a speed oven?
Speed ovens are the up and coming, state-of-the-art appliance that work not only as a wall oven, but as a microwave as well. A speed oven is smaller and cooks much faster than your typical oven; in addition, it has a convection component like a microwave. Most even have a grill component, too. If you don’t have the space for a microwave, this could be an option for you.
- Size- they are smaller, which allows more flexibility for those with a limited amount of space in their kitchen.
- Modes- they come with dozens of different modes to ensure the best outcome for whatever you are cooking.
- Ventless- they have a ventless design, making it easier and cheaper for you.
- Cook times- due to the heating system, your food is cooked at much faster speeds, which saves you a lot of time for other things!
- Browning- because of the convection and design of a speed oven, you can achieve the perfect texture and browning for toast, unlike in an average microwave.
- Price- speed ovens don’t come cheap. Although they may be worth it, really make sure to plan and budget if this is the appliance you want. Depending on the brand, speed ovens range from $1,500 to $3,5000.
- Size- because of the smaller size they can’t hold the same amount of food as your typical wall oven.
Best Rated Speed Ovens
- Miele M-Touch Series H6700BM
- Cooling system with cool front
- Safety functions
- Combination modes
- MasterChef automatic programs
- Bake, defrost, gentle bake, rapid reheat, intensive, convection roast, convection bake, and more
- Roast probe
- Cook up to 72 hours earlier with the long term planning mode-Sabbath Program
- Wolf M-Series SPO30PM/S/PH
- 10 different microwave power levels
- Micro Bake & Micro Roast eliminate or reduce preheat times
- Fits 9 by 13 inch pan
- Tips and recipes from the Mastering the Speed Oven guide
- Works with other Wolf built-in ovens
- Frees up counter space
- Bosch Benchmark Series HMCP0252UC
- Convection bake, broil, convection, microwave, and SpeedChef combination cooking
- 120V or 240V options
- European Convection, AutoChef, and Microwave + Toaster modes
- Installs with cabinets
- Stackable with other Bosch wall ovens, steam ovens, and warming drawers
- 24, 27, 30-inch options
- Thermador MC30WP
- High-end knobs and thick pro-style handling
- 6 cubic feet in the interior
- Fits 9 by 13 inch pan
- GE Advantium PSB9120SFSS
- Advantium technology combines convection, light and the microwave to perfectly and evenly cook any food
- Broil, toast, bake, warming and more
- Convection baking
Speed ovens are a wonderful and convenient appliance to have in your kitchen, especially for those that need more time in the day and who are in need of a little space saving. Check out our website or give us a call, and our appliance specialists can help find you the perfect speed oven at the best price on the market.