For the final entry in the Summer Showcase Series, we're giving you one last quick and easy recipe to use with your new Viking refrigerator!
What You'll Need For the Thai Peanut Dressing
• 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
• 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
• Fresh lime juice, from half of a lime
• 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 1 tablespoon soy sauce
• 2 tablespoons honey
• 2-1/2 tablespoons sugar
• 1 garlic cloves, roughly minced
• 1-inch square piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
• 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
What You'll Need For the Salad
• 4 cups chopped Napa cabbage or shredded coleslaw mix (I like to toss in a little shredded red cabbage for color)
• 1 cup prepared shredded carrots
• 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced into bite-sized pieces
• 1 small English cucumber, halved lengthwise, seeded and thinly sliced
• 1 cup cooked and shelled edamame
• 2 medium scallions, thinly sliced
• 1/2 cup loosely packed chopped fresh cilantro
1. For the dressing, combine all of the ingredients except for the cilantro in a blender and process until completely smooth. Add the cilantro and blend for a few seconds until the cilantro is finely chopped. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. For the salad, combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine. If serving right away, drizzle the peanut dressing over top and toss; otherwise, serve the dressing on the side so the salad doesn't get soggy.